These are the possible project ideas that we came up with during class on 14
- Implement a system promoting environmental sustainability on campus,
- Combat global warming (tap into other orgs on campus, EWP, SfES, etc.)
- Recycle waste vegetable oil on campus (heat, etc.)
- Conservation program perhaps energy
- Manage action team for these things, or education
- National awareness on racism
- Curriculum reform
- Promoting diversity
- Youth involvement in politics
- Conservation: global warming
- Organic food
- Campus art: pictures in hallways, creating a thoughtful environment
- Service: connect campus with kids in county: mentoring?
- Kids in community are not motivated to think about academic studies; get kids involved in the community
and issues: political, environmental. Get kids to think at a higher level and get them away from their video
- Habitat reconstruction: fix erosion problems for the local residents
- Educated the non-educated (college vs. non-college): go to high schools
- Clothing: collect old clothing for those who need it.
- Voting initiative for the 2008 election
- Campus development architecture or curriculum
- Expanding the selection of books in the library
- Getting updated equipment (electron microscope from the 80s)
- Preventing winter sickness
- Synching clocks on campus
- No ?s asked transportation
- Quality/nutrition of food on campus
- Create a history of MTU for current/prospective students.
- Peer outreach program to combat in depression for peers
- Environmental outreach program in the schools
- Advocate for programs on campus: different student groups, (Mother board)
- Human interest: help people and see our achievements (not environment) help pveerty or youth (red cors,
habitat, hunger literacy, clothing) fundraiser for a charity on campus.
- Food distribution in a foreign country (Partner with local high school to generate funds or food)
- Be greener: low wattage hand driers on campus
- Pavlis advocacy; promotion
- Benefit student body generally work with USG for funding, or help them with an existin project
- Michigan legislatiure/government , something with lobbying
- Help the poor and underfed: raise money or awareness. Help the poor help themselves; help the poor with
- Promote health on campus
- More fine arts: more concerts on campus
- In tropical regions: get solar panels for
- Improve honors inst.
- Teach about personal finance.
- More speakers on campus: regular lectureships