Using Oakshare to Publish Your Website
- Log in to files.oakland.edu using your OU userid/password.
- Create a folder by clicking the icon. Name the folder "web" (all lowercase) and click the "Next" button.
- Click "Next" again. You should now be on the "Verify Permissions" page.
- Click the "Read-only" checkbox on the line labeled "Public." Click "Next" then click "Finish."
- Double click on the web folder. Create another folder by clicking the icon again. Name the directory "WRT232" (all uppercase) and click the "OK" button.
- Upload your website files to the "WRT232" folder. Click ""Finish."
- A file named "index.html" will be the default (or index page) for that folder.
- Your website should now be live at "http://oakland.edu/~yourusername/WRT232"
This assignment description and associated
images are licensed by Jim Nugent under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.